Pages

WELCOME!

Happy 2012!

Welcome, won't you stay a while? There's so much to do, and we hope to share it all with you this year. Design, crafts, frugal living... You'll find this and more at Design-Aholic!

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Nursery Design Board

What a great way to spend a Saturday!  Woke up early, just a little after my normal "get up for work" time, had some cereal, kicked back for a few, then got ready and did some errands.  Fun errands.  Like, scoring $130 worth of Old Navy clothes for $79, and getting a new purse, and some baby clothes at Target, and just doing fun running around for a few hours.  Amazingly, the 4ish hours I was out wiped me out, and I've spent a good chunk of time this afternoon sitting playing in Photoshop.  Oh yes, sitting in the glider, which is in a prominent spot in the living room right now.  :)

I wanted to attempt to get my ideas from my head to a concept, since I haven't really been able to work on the nursery yet.  Although the carpet should be laid within 2 weeks, the wedding is pushing up against that time, so I figure I won't get to really get going on it until after July 24th.

So, armed with stocked up photos, the internet, and photoshop, I sat, and created this finalized, first pass at the nursery design.  I know I shared a few of these ideas with you on a past nursery post.  While this board is actually finished, it's bound to change by the time we actually get moving, and I'll more likely incorporate a few things that aren't pictured.

But, without further ado... (don't mind my rambling..) here it is:


And, here are the details:

  • The bedding is "Baby Boats" by Pottery Barn Kids
  • Crib is "Kendall fixed gate" by Pottery Barn Kids 
  • Dresser is the "Hemnes" by IKEA (will be used as the change table too)
  • Glider is purchased, but will be recovered in the red dot fabric
  • Walls will be the green color at the top of the page, and I'm hoping for adding wainscoting to the lower portion of the room (otherwise I'll just paint the lower portion white, and add chair rail)
  • Curtains will be the hounds tooth with blue striped fabric at the bottom
  • Mobile is a whole bunch of different color and size circles, which I'll make (scrapbook paper and fish line!)
  • I want to do the multi colored tin stars above the dresser, and there are 6 shown because they pull the colors from the bedding and there are 6 numbered boats in the bedding!  (educational, no?)
  • The artwork is the "C" for Connor (which we think is our name of choice)
  • I purchased the small side pedestal table for $10 at a garage sale and just need to refinish it still.  I'm thinking blue?
Interesting little factoid I just found about tin barn stars online- apparantly the colors all have significance:

Significance of the Colors:
       Black:       Protection, also used to blend or bind elements together
       Blue:         Protection, peace, calmness and spirituality
       Brown:      Mother earth, also can mean friendship and strength
       Green:      Growth, fertility, success in things and ideas that grow
       Orange:    Abundance in career, projects and matters needing an added push
       Red:         Emotions, passion, charisma, lust and also creativity
       Violet:       Things that are sacred
       White:       Purity, power of the moon, allows energy to flow freely
       Yellow:      Health in body and mind, love of man and the sun, connection to the God

    Anywho.  I hope you enjoyed this little tour.  As I get some of the projects under way, I'll surely post them here.

    Oh, and by the way, I purchased a rug from this post, but had to take it back because the pile was too high to fit under the front door when opened.  Sigh.  Onward and upward, and more shopping!  :)

    Enjoy your saturday-
    Related Posts with Thumbnails