Pages

WELCOME!

Happy 2012!

Welcome, won't you stay a while? There's so much to do, and we hope to share it all with you this year. Design, crafts, frugal living... You'll find this and more at Design-Aholic!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Prepping for the Nursery: Ideas!

So, we found out last Friday that our baby is a boy!  We were shocked, and are super excited!

I've been directing my attention to the potential nursery ideas that fit the bill for a cheery and stimulating space.

I can't fully commit to starting the planning because we're in the process of replacing basically the entire house worth of flooring, which includes the soon to be nursery!  The bedrooms will be carpeted, and the main living spaces will be a thick Armstrong laminate in a dark brown color.

So, as those projects start, and hopefully end quickly, I'll be able to draw back on my idea boards, and photo collections.

Here are some of the images that are really striking to me, that I hope to incorporate in our little one's space:

Bedding,
From Pottery Barn Kids, the "Madras Plaid" nursery line:

I love, love, love all the great colors in this bedding.  So many decor options!

No turtle sheets here, just a nice solid color...

Love the crisp white crib skirt with the plaid detail at the bottom!

"Baby Boats" from Pottery Barn Kids:

Look at the detail in this set!

The colors are the same as the plaid, and this one has a pattern that I L-O-V-E too!

Art, Accessories

I want to hang a mirror with a red frame on the walls.  I'm thinking about re-doing the one I painted white, from this post...

I love this alphabet wall!  I'd do one in a smaller scale, maybe over the changing table, but the colors, patterns, and textures are so great.  Plus, it's the alphabet- how much better could it get?

Pinwheel mobiles!  I purchased the supplies today to make one of these (or maybe two?)  Maybe above the crib, but maybe as a nice item above the changing table!

Another pinwheel mobile idea

Furniture:

This is the Kendall Crib from Pottery Barn Kids, and I'm hoping to get a crib like this one

This Hemnes dresser from IKEA is a great sturdy piece, and will grow with baby.  We'll make this the changing table, and have room on the sides for a lamp, organization, and a fan...

I picked a glider & ottoman like this one up last weekend for $80... I'm going to recover the cushions in a red and white polka dot fabric!



Glider & ottoman fabric!

I purchased a small side table like this one above for $10 (a Bombay Co. table!) and plan to paint it, but I haven't decided what color yet!  Any suggestions, based on the color scheme you've seen so far?

Wall Paint Designs:

At a minimum, I'd like to put chair rail up in the room, but would love to do beadboard/wainscotting like the above photo.  The wall color is even a contendor!

More beadboard...

Wall Colors:

Both colors are from  Bejamin Moore, by PBK kids.  The blue is called Blue Marguerite, and the green is called Stem Green.



Closet organization:

I love baskets in the closet.  While ours won't look quite like that above, I love the organization!

I've got two of these PBK Sabrina Baskets with those blue liners so far, and would like a few more to add to the closet organization!  I love how sturdy they are, and how good lookin they are!

So that's what I'm working with!  I'll show you some of the fabrics I picked up yesterday for the glider, and the curtains!  So fun!

What do you think?  What was the most favorite part of your little one's nursery?  Was there something you wished you'd done differently?

Related Posts with Thumbnails