Pages

WELCOME!

Happy 2012!

Welcome, won't you stay a while? There's so much to do, and we hope to share it all with you this year. Design, crafts, frugal living... You'll find this and more at Design-Aholic!

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Redesigning the Master bedroom

A migraine a day, keeps the designer in bed. It's "nice" every 5 years or so to be reminded how great a migraine is. After 14 hours of sleep, then 3 hours on the couch and a movie, I moved back to the bedroom to sprawl out my design book pages, and pick the new finishes for our master bedroom.

When we moved in, the walls were all nicely painted modern colors, but as we've lived here, I've changed things slightly to my (our?) tastes. I really wanted a room with a modern feel- read "saturated" color on the wall, and bold black and white linens. With our new headboard, the room colors, mismatched furniture, and linens just don't cut it! So, from bed, as the migraine subsides, here are my picks for our renovated room.

Paint colors, inspired from a few magazine clippings, and a crate & barrel catalog, either going with Pittsburgh Paints "Azalea Leaf" or "Prussian Blue":


I'm thinking the linens should be Black and white to really play off the color on the walls, and to allow the nailhead trim headboard to stand out. I'm thinking a combination of the Pottery Barn "Suzani Black & White Crewel" and a folded duvet by West Elm "Organic Cotton Pin Tuck Duvet" in Natural or White:





For our furniture, I'd like a small dresser/large nightstand in warm wood on the fiance's side. On my side a table and a comfy ticking stripe chair. I'm debating between a black and white stripe, vs a tan and white stripe. Tan and white certainly would pull the color from the headboard in, and would be a nice warmth next to the dark wood, and walls. I'm thinking of the following:

Buchanan armchair w/ottoman (PotteryBarn.com)


Portola Bedside Table or Montego Oversize Bedside Table (PotteryBarn.com)



Valencia Oval Bedside Table or Rawlins Accent Table (PotteryBarn.com)


A new dresser or armoire complete the furniture pallet, and what's left? Accessories! I'm thinking some great art above the bed (maybe some of my photos of the new succulent arrangement? Maybe some framed initials? Maybe some modern artwork with our accent color?

Now, what accent color? I think a modern lime green would look great, or a nice deep red (perfect for the holidays coming up?) Or, ORANGE? Totally bold? Check out these colors by Pittsburgh Paints:

Yellow/green color called "Golden Cricket". Against the blue would be a nice pop :-)

I'd like one of these (color is pretty close too!) from Ballarddesigns.com:


Or, this orange called "Mandarin" Blue + Orange=yum



More to come! Migraine is getting the best of me right now. Enjoy!
Related Posts with Thumbnails