Pages

WELCOME!

Happy 2012!

Welcome, won't you stay a while? There's so much to do, and we hope to share it all with you this year. Design, crafts, frugal living... You'll find this and more at Design-Aholic!

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Clearance Mirror Makeover

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves on this one, folks.  I found a great size/shape mirror, with neat detail on clearance (my favorite!) for $16.  It was an awful scratched up faux mahogany, with black rubbed trim.




I decided to fix it this weekend.  Sand the varnish off and try to smooth out some of the dings.  Painters tape and newspaper to cover the glass, and then paint!  Voila!  I primed with white spray paint, and then painted with semi gloss paint from Rustoleom.










I added some photos of the new location for this mirror above the buffet I renovated back a few months ago.




Now, if only I can find a great print to tie the orange and green together, to add to the frames.  And, now that the mirror is reflecting the opposite wall, it's time to get crackin' on decor there- it's not so fun to look in a mirror only reflecting a cappuccino wall.


Related Posts with Thumbnails