Pages

WELCOME!

Happy 2012!

Welcome, won't you stay a while? There's so much to do, and we hope to share it all with you this year. Design, crafts, frugal living... You'll find this and more at Design-Aholic!

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Found THE chair!

I found the chair I want for my sitting/reading chair in our bedroom. Well, I found the frame I wanted- the fabric and the stains need to be mended.

This great chair was waiting for me to desperately snap it up. It's surely an antique, as, get this- the cushions are stuffed with HAY. HAY, as in HORSES. Crazy huh? It's been recovered once at least, but the integrity of this solid piece of wood furniture has remained. All the nailheads were individuals, not the trim like I used on my headboard project. Dismantling today took about 6 hours! I loved every minute of it.

I plan to paint it white, and cover the seat, back, and hand cushions in the same tweed as our headboard. Here are some ideas from Pottery Barn, and below, photos of the first half of this project:



Related Posts with Thumbnails