Pages

WELCOME!

Happy 2012!

Welcome, won't you stay a while? There's so much to do, and we hope to share it all with you this year. Design, crafts, frugal living... You'll find this and more at Design-Aholic!

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Pottery Barn Bed & Bath Catalog Early Fall 2010

Well, it's always a happy day when a Pottery Barn catalog shows up in the mail.  But HOLY CANOLI, this latest one had me captivated by page 3!

Have you received this one yet?


Um, inspired by Provence?!  Yes please!

Seeing that I have no energy to actually get out of bed, I decided to flip through and go on a small shopping spree that I would share with you all.  Now of course, most of these items are reproducable in much less expensive manner, but I sure do love browsing.


Right from the cover, this Bonne Nuit lumbar pillow ($49 for the cover only), had me at hello.  Can you say freezer paper stencil though?!

 This Rosette mirror is a doll.  ($249 though.  eek.) I just love the detail on the sides, and those grommets.

Mistral Lavender foaming bath gel ($18).  The bottle screams simplicity, and the lavender color pleases my eyes.  Lavender is one of the most soothing scents. 

This Barrett media stand (while I didn't first picture it as that...) has great detail, a great color, and perfectly scaled.  However, at $699, I'll keep my eye out at some of those thrift stores I've been missing out on while pregnant...

These chippy heirloom frames, $129 for a set of 3, have been done time and time again, but they still get me.  What a great empty frame display, and use of "old" items in new spaces.  Love that texture.

Oooh, I just want to curl up in this blanket!  I love a good chunky knit throw blanket, and with our baby boy due in the middle of October, there's going to be plenty of couch cuddling to do during the winter months!  The price isn't horrible at $79, but I have one in green already.  Maybe I could retire the hunter green one? 

This cheery "Alexis Lamp" is so chunky and simple, I just love it (I really love the yellow one!).  Even on "special" the base alone is $99 (drum shade sold separately).  I suppose you could find a similar shape lamp at a thrift store, and a can of spray paint, and go to town.  Inspiration is good though, no?
 
This Windowpane Velvet Bedding looks like I could melt into it.  I love the red color- plus it's making me think of Christmas, my favorite time of the year!  The king quilt is $229...  hmm.  Maybe HomeGoods will have something similar.  :)

all images per Potterybarn.com website.

What do you think?  All of these items add up to $1550!!!  Yea, that's not going to happen.

Any of these photos tickle your fancy?  :)  Do you get the idea that Pottery Barn may be taking a hint from the blogging/craft world?  How many of these pieces have you seen someone already create a version of?  I still heart Pottery Barn, and in fact wouldn't mind working there- inspiration would overcome me.  On second thought, it's probably better for our finances if I don't work there.  :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails