Pages

WELCOME!

Happy 2012!

Welcome, won't you stay a while? There's so much to do, and we hope to share it all with you this year. Design, crafts, frugal living... You'll find this and more at Design-Aholic!

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Oughtta be an Ottoman: Fabric

Ok, so after my recent post about the coffee table, which I have determined is a project in itself, my new obsession is trying to decide just how I will recover, add foam, and tuft the lovely little white coffee table it is... 



I've gathered up some great fabrics, and tutorials I'd like to share, and show you the design ideas I'm gravitating towards.

And here's where you come in- Please, oh Please, let me know which one you like best!  Which one is your fav?  Please leave me a comment for direction!

Remember, we'll have dark brown floors, a grey/tan knobby rug, blue walls, and potentially a khaki colored couch...

I've searched for some fabric, and in no particular order, here they are:


Pricey but Pretty


 1

 
 2

 
 3

 
 4

 
 5

 
 6

 
7
 
8


 Budget Friendly

 
1

2

3

4

5

6

7



8



9

affordable enough...





1



2



3



4



5



6



7



8



9



10



11



12

Lets take a vote, shall we?!

What's your fav- please leave a comment! 

Mine are:
Candice Olson Fabric of choice...  (my fav is #7)
Joann's Fabric of choice... (my fav is #3 or #9, it's a toss up)
Calico Corners Fabric of choice...  (my fav is #7, but in the right application)

And, for the actual recovering work, there are tutorials on these sites on how to turn a table into an ottoman, and here are samples of their work:





 
(love this fabric by the way! I didn't see anything like it on the three sites I featured above.)






 

So, what'll it be?!  I love your comments :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails