Pages

WELCOME!

Happy 2012!

Welcome, won't you stay a while? There's so much to do, and we hope to share it all with you this year. Design, crafts, frugal living... You'll find this and more at Design-Aholic!

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Monogram Madness!

Wow... I've found I'm addicted to all things Monogrammed.  I guess they seem classy (classic?) easy, and a great statement when done right in all sorts of decor.  Admitting you have a problem is the first step, right?




I realize this may not be a new concept to all of you, but I have to say that I've hit about at the obsessed level with this type of decor.  Think fancy-shmancy like Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma Home, West Elm, et al... Maybe it's a good thing I'm not married yet.  There'd be "W"s all over the house at this point already!  And, even with as obsessed as I am, I look around and only have one monogram piece in my house.  Actually, the was probably the first piece of "art" to go up in our house.  :)


(This is just two letters in a font I liked printed large enough to fit a 5x7" frame opening.  I think the middle design was a wingdings character... I made this before I was cataloging my projects!)

I also did this first holiday post on making monogram gift tags/ornaments.  I don't 100% love how they came out, so I'll probably take another stab at them soon.

Go ahead, I dare you not to get sucked in.  Go on.  Try.  Type in "Monogram" to Google, and hit images.  See if you can waste spend less than an hour searching the great ideas!!


Monogram Wall Art





wall decor from Pottery Barn Catalog (I even love the brown walls!)



Would you look at that?  It's even my initial- funny how that happened...


Monogram Holiday



 



 





Monogram Glassware & Dishes





aww, and it's filled with Lemons, how perfect!

 

 


Monogram Pillows












Monogram Door Mats






Monogram Bedding, towels & soaps


















Monogram Food



 


Monogram Gifts

 

 

Also, for more monogram ideas, check out Classy & Fabulous for photos of ideas!  Happy Crafting, and don't forget to come back here and show me what you made/make!


Do you have any favorite Monogrammed items?  Displays, or art?  Small Trinkets?  It seems like it'd be pretty easy to do a lot of crafts related to monogramming... 

:)

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails