Pages

WELCOME!

Happy 2012!

Welcome, won't you stay a while? There's so much to do, and we hope to share it all with you this year. Design, crafts, frugal living... You'll find this and more at Design-Aholic!

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Empty Frame displays

One of the more modern displays I've come to enjoy lately are collections of large scale, mismatched picture frames.  Typically painted, but not a necessity, these frame collages look great empty where you can really see the details.

I've loved looking for photos of different displays of this type, and came up with these.

Enjoy!





 






For the Holidays, I love these frames with a wreath in them:





Some are painted:




 

 
 (from Painting The Roses White :) for the two photos above.  Thanks Rebecca!)



And, amazing!  An empty frame within an EMPTY frame:




I love the use of the color in the apples in this one, and the textures in the two wooden frames...  Hmmm, I think I'll do this soon!

I think a lot of these frames could be found inexpensively at thrift stores, etc...

Do you have a display or other inspirations like these?  Please share!
Related Posts with Thumbnails