Pages

WELCOME!

Happy 2012!

Welcome, won't you stay a while? There's so much to do, and we hope to share it all with you this year. Design, crafts, frugal living... You'll find this and more at Design-Aholic!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fall Colorful Decor

With all of the great design ideas online, I was starting to get disappointed that none of these ideas were in my house.  I bought gourds for the first time ever this season, for $3.49 a bag at Trader Joes.  (Don't you remember those things looking gross and warty when you were little?  I do, and I never thought I'd put them in my house... but the colors, oh the colors...)

So, I sucked it up, got up the courage, or just stopped being lazy, and finally got some of those great fall colors out for my tabletop this evening.

Here's my Tablescape for the next few weeks for Fall (before the awesome Christmas decor comes out!)



I painted these candlesticks off white (they were $5/ea on clearance at HomeGoods, but were blue, which just wasn't going to work) and added glorious orange tapers



I bought 3 bags of Gourds from Trader Joes this weekend ($10.50 total).  Love the texture and color.

 

I had extra marbles from this wreath project, and they added some bling to the table against the burlappy type table runner, and woven placemats (should I take the place mats off the table while the runner is on?  Is it too much of the same color?)



Here's a close up of the tapers, gourds, crystal bling, and orange candles!



Here's the whole room!  You can see the fun green sideboard/buffet project here, and the grey frame project here.  I love how it's coming together!

I hope you like it!  I'm probably most proud of this table-scape than any other I've put together.  I love the color, plus my new table runner, which I'll show you how to make soon.  (Hint:  I didn't sew a stitch!)  *UPDATE*: Check out the table runner no-sew project here!

Plus, I'm participating in "Between Naps on the Porch" Tablescape Thursday by Susan!  Yay, my first McLinky party!


Related Posts with Thumbnails