Pages

WELCOME!

Happy 2012!

Welcome, won't you stay a while? There's so much to do, and we hope to share it all with you this year. Design, crafts, frugal living... You'll find this and more at Design-Aholic!

Saturday, December 19, 2009

For the love of Red

While I'm waiting on my next project to dry (it's like watching paint dry.  Literally.) I thought I'd share a little secret with you...

I love the red walls in our dining room.  Really, I do.  You may not know that though by the way the room is decorated, or my fear that everything may clash when I'm considering updating the decor.

Our walls are painted "Maleya Red" by Ralph Lauren, as part of their Thoroughbred Collection.  It's great during Christmas Time, but I've had some troubles the rest of the year:


(ralphlauren.com)

It's much redder than it looks online. 

I went to the trusty inter-web tonight, and got my fix of plenty of homes with red walls that look oh-so-classy, and pulled together.

Which of these do you prefer?  Do you have any rooms that seem to be a design challenge because of a color?  I don't feel like scrapping the red just yet!  I do notice these all have quite the balance of white in them...


From About.com

 
From CountryLiving.com

 
From Better Homes & Gardens

 
From Better Homes & Gardens


From Better Homes & Gardens

 
From Better Homes & Gardens

 
 From ApartmentTherapy


 From styleestate.com


And while these aren't RED walls per say, they do use the color well as an accent:


From finesseyournest, thanks Kendall!



From Better Homes & Gardens


From Better Homes & Gardens


From AssociatedContent.com
From cococozy.com  

So, it doesn't hurt that red is also my favorite color.  Along with it's counterpart, purple.  I don't have nearly enough of either color in my house.

Help!

Here are MY rooms.  What a sad, sad sense of decorating here.  At least the images above give me a glimmer of hope!  I smell a new year revamp! 






(we have two red walls in this room, and one tan/brown wall.  You can see how they come together in the photo above.)

 

 

 
 (yes, that popcorn is in process of being removed.  YAY!)

Ah, RED, how I love thee... :)



Related Posts with Thumbnails