Pages

WELCOME!

Happy 2012!

Welcome, won't you stay a while? There's so much to do, and we hope to share it all with you this year. Design, crafts, frugal living... You'll find this and more at Design-Aholic!

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Serious Debate!

Yes, I'm still looking for the "just right" fabric.  See, I seem to have a problem deciding if I want the room to be mellow and neutral, or pop with bright accent colors.  Oh, and did I tell you about the fabric store I found today?  Have you been in a home fabric store where the HIGHEST price fabric (and there were at least a 1,000) was $9.99???

I couldn't decide.  I clammed up!  I lost all sense of design ability and came sulking home.  I did manage to buy some high density foam though, to make the comfy base for the soon to be ottoman.

So, after doing a quick search online related to decorating with "blue", here are some photos that really inspire me:


 1
This is the best representation of our walls, and what our floors will look like.  We even have a leaning shelf (in white though)



2
Even though the ceiling is blue and the walls are white, I like the contrast.  And, the ottoman is blue too!


3
I love the linen/tan fabric with the blue here.  This makes me think I should do I linen/tan fabric for the ottoman...



4
Now here's a statement.  I thought Orange would look great with the blue.  I really love this modern combination.  I could totally pull this off!



5
Blue and white seem to be perfect partners.  So crisp.  This is not "my" blue, but it still is inspiring.



6
The green art here really makes the blue pop.  I was thinking an apple green velvet on the ottoman would be crisp and modern!



7
So, it's official.  Blue walls, with white, and red furniture doesn't have to look like the 4th of July!  (I'll have to remember that :)  )

They all seem to be neutral.  I was looking for the ottoman to be a statement piece in the room, but perhaps that will have to occur through accessories.

Thoughts?  I just think that too many choices made me a coward today.  Weird, huh?  Anyone else have that problem?!  :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails