Pages

WELCOME!

Happy 2012!

Welcome, won't you stay a while? There's so much to do, and we hope to share it all with you this year. Design, crafts, frugal living... You'll find this and more at Design-Aholic!

Monday, December 14, 2009

Glittery Green Outdoors

The one area of my house that's more modern than anything is actually my front porch.  It's a bit misleading, since at the door you'd think you're walking into a modern home, only to find that the decor is much more traditional.  Since I showed you a selection of my indoor holiday spaces yesterday, I thought it was fitting to show these as well. 

Without further ado though, here is a photo tour of my entryway, one of the spaces I love to walk by the most.

Enjoy the glittery bright green accents on the wreath and garland.  :)


I purchased a total of 3, 9 ft lighted garlands at Target's clearance sales last year.  They were $3 each, instead of $9 each.  Savings: $18


 Did you notice the ornaments hanging on the garland?


I found 4 of these perfectly matching ornaments while thrifting

 
I purchased 6 of these glittered rhinestone ornaments from the $1 bin at Michael's

 
This ribbon is about 2.5" wide, and perfectly glittery (yes, it flakes off and gets EVERYWHERE)  I love the wreath being wrapped with this bling

 
This wreath was $2 at Michael's Thanksgiving sale.  It needed a good fluff-up, and it's perfect!

 
 Have you seen the glittery word bin in the dollar section at Michael's?  That's where this puppy came from.  I also grabbed a red glittered "LOVE" for use a few months from now.  :)

So the total for this space breaks down:

2 Garlands= $6
1 Wreath=$2
4 green ball ornaments=$4
6 glitter rhinestone star ornaments= $6
2 ft Glitter Ribbon= $0.50 (I didn't use the whole role, which is about 10 yards.  I think the whole roll cost about $3 on sale at Michael's Thanksgiving day sale.)

TOTAL= $18.50

Now that's a glittery green score!  :)



Link up to your outdoor spaces- I'd love to see them (and of course gather inspiration for my spaces next year!

Thanks for stopping by :)


Related Posts with Thumbnails