Pages

WELCOME!

Happy 2012!

Welcome, won't you stay a while? There's so much to do, and we hope to share it all with you this year. Design, crafts, frugal living... You'll find this and more at Design-Aholic!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sunny Spring Wreath

Today, my last day of my long holiday weekend, it was time to do some de-winterfying of the house, and some of the outsides too.  Now that Valentine's Day has come and gone, I'm playing by the rules that it's officially spring...

Which means: Spring Decor!

I've had a winter wreath with an ice blue ribbon on the front door for over a month and a half, and it just wasn't cheery to me anymore walking up the front steps.  SO... I made this one today:


Total cost?  $6

Here's what I did, and what tools I used. 

First, I started with four 6-flower bunches of yellow irises from the Dollar Store.  I also purchased 3 bunches of lime green pom-pom greens, but ended up only using one bunch.



I cut the floral stems off the main stem bunch, and was left with 6 flowers with 6" stems from each bunch.  I used a total of 24 flowers and 6 pom poms.

I laid the flowers out on the wreath form (that I got for $1) and made sure I distributed the flowers evenly.

 

  


To attach the flowers I though the wired stems would easily wrap around the wreath form.  Instead, I ended up using small snips of beading wire to attach them to the wreath form.


 

After, I placed the pom pom greens around the outside, and wired them on.

 

Then, hang on your still-needs-to-be-painted front door.  Love it, and so cheery!  I love the bright yellow, and of course, popped it up on the door already.  :)

 

  

  

 

  

Enjoy!
Related Posts with Thumbnails