Pages

WELCOME!

Happy 2012!

Welcome, won't you stay a while? There's so much to do, and we hope to share it all with you this year. Design, crafts, frugal living... You'll find this and more at Design-Aholic!

Monday, February 8, 2010

A stencil in honor of the Saints

Well, that's what I'm calling it at least!

I have recently had an interest in decorating with bees (here, and in this project) and now have a similar energy about the Fleur de Lis.


And, since I decided that the Fluer de Lis the Saints sport was the reason I'd root for them, I figured it fitting when they won.  :)

So if you'll remember from this post about how I arrange a gallery ledge, I had a few picture frames that were empty.  This was one of them.  I thought I could try my hand at stenciling for the first time.


I bought a 3-pack of stencils, with one page dedicated to Fleur de Lis.  I simply put the appropriate size stencil in the middle of the brown fabric, and dabbed some white acrylic paint on with a flat head stencil brush.  AND, I let it dry.

 

  

  

  

 

Pop it back in, and prop up on the ledge.  At least I have a little more "French" in my house now.  I read up on Wikipedia, and found out that the Fleur de Lis is historically associated with French Monarchy.


Oh, and as a side comment, about adding more "French", I was considering adding some wreath/sprig/ crest thingies on the sides of my bee from the Ballard Inspired Bulletin Board I made last week.  I found this bucket at HomeGoods this weekend, and the lightbulb went off.  Pop over there and leave me a comment if you think I should or shouldn't. 


Anyway, quick and easy for today.  I got some great stuff at the thrift store this weekend, but you'll either have to check the Design-Aholic Facebook page, or come back tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day...  :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails