Pages

WELCOME!

Happy 2012!

Welcome, won't you stay a while? There's so much to do, and we hope to share it all with you this year. Design, crafts, frugal living... You'll find this and more at Design-Aholic!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Pink Felt Kissing Balls

Here's another quick Valentine's Craft for you- Pink Felted Kissing balls!  Plus it's another one I teased you a few days back on this post.  :)

So in order to add to my Valentine's decor collection (which I'm just building up slowly with a few projects from this year, like this wreath) I tried my hand at the felt-fold-pin technique.


Totally not a new idea... as I'm sure you've seen this technique all over the place, I'll keep this post short and sweet.  Besides, the pictures are lacking this time, I don't know what was wrong with my camera!


I needed:

3, 1/4' cuts of fabric: I used light pink, hot pink, and red.  Hard to tell by the photos.
2, 4" styrofoam balls
dressmaker/straight pins
Circle Pattern, pencil, scissors

First, I traced out all my cirlces on the multiple colors of pink and red felt I purchased.  I probably had around ~40 of each color.  My circles were about 3 1/4 inch.

 

 


The next part is super simple!  Fold each circle in half, then in half again.  Take a straight pin, and push through the point at the end of the fold, and then just push into the styrofoam. 


 

  

I went around in a circle first, then filled in the halves similar to how I did in this Christmas ornament project.


I propped mine up on the shelf in my new office, and I love them!



 

 

Here are some other versions of this project that I'm sure you'll love too:

Via Etsy tutorial Tuesday, this orange lumbar type pillow.  Which, by the way, I absolutely love, and may make to go in the new living room one of these days:


From Design-Sponge, a super clean, white circular wreath:


From The Idea Room, the Valentine's Wreath Version:


So, with that, I wish you an early "Happy Valentine's Day".  :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails