Pages

WELCOME!

Happy 2012!

Welcome, won't you stay a while? There's so much to do, and we hope to share it all with you this year. Design, crafts, frugal living... You'll find this and more at Design-Aholic!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

DIY Dry Erase Message Center and Calendar

Another project for the office is this Dry Erase Message Center Board I whipped up this weekend.  (yes, it was another teaser!)



The idea is simple, and the project is too.  We love simple, and classy at the same time :)

First start with a frame you'd like to use.  For me, we've had a 24x36 frame for about 2 years that we purchased for some posters but never used.  Perfect!  Good size for a calendar, and a few boxes memo sections.



I laid out the pattern I wanted with blue painters tape so I could modify. 

 

 

Next I turned the tape side down, and took the 36" level and a sharpie and drew the lines out following my tape lines (but precisely measured this time). 



 

 

The sharpie pen I was using wasn't strong enough to have that be the only line, so I got out a fine tipped acrylic paint pen.  Using the paint pen, I traced the lines... my hand was shaky!  The lines aren't perfectly straight, but I guess it makes it look softer.



 

 

I chose a bluish green silk that I purchased a few months back for $4 a yard.  I used spray adhesive and attached and smoothed the fabric out over the included cardboard from the frame.



After the acrylic paint dried (I wish I had a vinyl cutter!) I put the fabric backed cardboard back in the frame and closed her up!  Yep, that's it!



 

Remember to enter our first giveaway in honor of our 100th post!  It's only open through tomorrow, so get crackin'!

Here's what you could win, just in time for Valentine's Day:




There's so much more to post over the next few days.  Make sure to come back soon.  :)







PS:
I'm linking up to these parties:
Toot Your Horn Tuesday
Get Your Craft On
DIY Day at ASPTL
Related Posts with Thumbnails