Pages

WELCOME!

Happy 2012!

Welcome, won't you stay a while? There's so much to do, and we hope to share it all with you this year. Design, crafts, frugal living... You'll find this and more at Design-Aholic!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Milk Jug Musings

If you've been reading over the last few days (thank you to ALL MY FOLLOWERS!), you'll recall a lamp I posted about.  I believe, now, that the shape is that of an antique milk jug or a tea canister.  The difference is mine is ceramic, not tin/metal, and has a stoneware and floral pattern on it (plus a hideous pleated shade, that was so gross I couldn't even bring it in the garage, and just want to toss it...)

But, I paid $10 for it, it works, and it has potential.

While I still haven't found the exact project again that I had found prior, I have gotten some inspiration online over the last few days with lamp bases that look like mine, and what I could do to re-vamp the lamp.  (again, a note to self: bookmark your favorite project links!)

Let's get real.  Mine currently looks like this



 

 

 



But, there's hope!
Here's what I initially thought I would do:

 
Pottery Barn, $189, doesn't seem to be available online anymore.  Anyone know the name of this one?

But I found all these inspirations and got confused:


I just love this blue distressed vintage and lettering... plus, aren't those birds charming?  :)

 
I LOVE the shade on this one.  I think I have some fabric I could use to cover a drum shade when I find one.
(the above 2 from Shades of Light, but I can't seem to find their prices...)


I like the painted versions, and stenciled ones too!

So, this is where you come in!  Give me a heads up- what works, what doesn't?  Any of you painted a lamp before?  Share your projects!  Give me some advice!  I think this will go in our new office...



(via DecorPad I could do without the oval in the middle of the pattern)




Not quite a milk jug, but hey, it's my blog and it caught my eye :)




Here's a real milk jug project, again, from the girls over at Shanty 2 Chic!  :)



From Shades of Light, this one is $345!  I actually don't like this one, but it's the right shape, and it was still available online, for a price reference!


 (again, I don't like this one, but the shape is right, and it's good to look at different options)


Here's another REAL antique Milk Jug!  Rust and All! (from the Chattanooga Auction House)





Oh, and Don't forget about our new feature TOMORROW, and every Friday:

Victory Of The Week

Link up with that project you finally tackled, or an inspiring story, or anything you feel victorious over.  See you then!




So, what'll it be?!


Related Posts with Thumbnails