Pages

WELCOME!

Happy 2012!

Welcome, won't you stay a while? There's so much to do, and we hope to share it all with you this year. Design, crafts, frugal living... You'll find this and more at Design-Aholic!

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year- VOTW #1

Hi Everyone!  Happy 2010!



By now, I would assume most of us are back to our normal selves after celebrating the coming of the New Year.  So, what does that mean?  Time for blogging!

I resolve this year, to be more organized, less clutter filled, and patient.  (No, not more patient.  Just patient.  I'm not now...)  I don't need the stress, and I, like most of us, need to realize the small victories each day. 

So, without further ado, I bring to you our very first VOTW!



This is the time, every week to link up your victories of the week.  Whether it's a craft that you're proud of, a difficult task, a heartfelt story- let everyone share in your victory!  It doesn't matter how big or small, or how significant you feel it may be.  You never know where someone else may garner strength from reading about you...  :)

So, what's my victory of the week you ask?  My victory is making a goal- whether it's New Years or not, January feels like a new start, and a perfect time to refresh things.  No nonsense stuff.  Just pure, and simple resolves that I know I can better myself with and aren't out of reach. 

As I mentioned above:

1.  Be more organized
2.  Less clutter (goes with number 1)
3.  Be more patient

Already today, I've accomplished all 3!  Yay, day 1 down, 364 more left to better myself. 

Today was a busy, yet fun day.  For one, I wrote a list of things I wanted to make sure I grabbed out at Michael's and Joann's.  You know, all this blogging has the creative juices flowing!  What a difference a list makes... I got everything I needed, a few extra things when the inspiration struck, and a few hours of bliss.  Plus, with my purse organized, I was able to use that extra 25% off coupon at Michael's and that extra 10% off coupon at Joann's.  :)  Regarding having less clutter.  Today, we saw our garage floor for the first time in months!  We had cardboard to break up, Goodwill donations to be made, and all around clean up.  Laundry was done, things were dusted, and even though it's only half, we can see the garage floor!  Now, anyone who has read some of my posts before understands that I'm impatient.  I don't really know where it comes from, other than probably deep down I do have that spoiled brat in me who says "I want what I want, when I want it!"  In reality though, I think it's more that once I make a descion and figure things out, I want to execute.  No sense in waiting right?  You gotta try it out to see if your plan works.  If not, try something new.  Well, that's what I'm going with at least.  Anyway, related to a practical example today, I was able to complete 4 projects with another 1 still drying.  This drying project is my example of patience.  It was the project I wanted to do the most today, yet didn't get done because I need the coating to cure.  (sorry so vague, of course, it'll be posted soon!)  I could very easily have pushed through, and probably would have ruined it.  Instead, I got creative, and brought my project in from the outdoors, and put it next to the heater.  I'm hoping I have a project to play with in the morning.  :)

Anyway, enough about me.  Let's talk about you!  Today is the first friday of the year... and oddly, and lucky for us, the first day of the year!  Let's start the year out right.  Link up those victories you've had!  They don't need to be brand new... Just something you felt victorious over.  I'm sooooo looking forward to getting to know more people this year in blogland.  Won't you participate?

Oh, and if you'd like a button, here you go!



 

P.S.  Here are some SNEAK PEAKS at projects I did today.  I'm keeping it cryptic on purpose, but wanted to tease you to come back over the next few days as I unveil them!  :)





 

 

Intriguing I hope.  :)

LINK UP FOLKS! 
Related Posts with Thumbnails